ADDICTION AND RECOVERY TREATMENT SERVICES (ARTS) PROVIDER MANUAL TRAINING SESSIONS
The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) is conducting several provider training sessions on the Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) implementation effective April 1, 2017. These sessions will review the new ARTS Provider Manual including provider requirements, covered services, documentation and billing requirements and the ARTS reimbursement structure. Click here
for the training dates and the registration links.
VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH ADDICTION DISEASE MANAGEMENT TRAINING OPPORTUNITY!
Expanding Care with the Virginia ARTS Benefit:
Addressing The Disease of Addiction In Your Outpatient Clinic
Removing the Frustration with Opiate Use
No Cost Statewide Trainings for Clinicians and Behavioral Health Professionals
Clinicians attending the live Providers' Clinical Support System for Medication Assisted Treatment (PCSS-MAT) Half and Half live (required in total 8 hour) MAT Waiver Training MUST register for the Virginia Department of Health full day training
In response to the statewide opioid epidemic and in support of the new Virginia Medicaid Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) Benefit launching April 1, 2017, the Virginia Department of Health will host free, statewide trainings intended for broad spectrum healthcare clinical and behavioral health providers, focusing on integrating substance use disorder management business and clinical delivery models and removing the frustration with treating opioid use disorders in outpatient clinical practices.
Attend to learn more:
- Utilizing the Virginia Medicaid's Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) new SUD benefit, with increasing reimbursement rates up to 400% for many of substance abuse services and some services rates higher than commercial plans
- Assessing, screening, and monitoring of the patient at risk for substance use disorders
- Identifying substance use disorders and addiction as potentially underlying disorders
- Integrating SUD treatment management outpatient clinical practice and behavioral health care interventions in outpatient practice
- Removing barriers and address challenges to integration, coordination, and operational practice
- Developing of a seamless substance use disorders treatment within primary care business model
Click here to learn more about training dates and registration.
Click here for the VDH Addiction Disease Management full day training slides.
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ADDICTION MEDICINE PLACEMENT CRITERIA TRAINING OPPORTUNITY!
An essential part of successful implementation of the Virginia Medicaid Addiction and Recovery Treatment Services (ARTS) Benefit is providers' thorough knowledge of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Criteria for individual assessment and placement. The Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) has engaged Train for Change, Inc., a nationally known organization with specific expertise in this area, to provide system-wide training to assist Community Service Boards (CSBs), their contract agencies, managed care organizations (MCOs) and their contracted providers in learning the ASAM Criteria. Click here for more information on the training dates and registration for Medicaid ARTS providers.
Copyright © 2009, All Rights Reserved